Tips on how to Solid (Meta) Oculus Quest 2 to Roku TV [Easy Guide]
Want to cast your Meta Quest 2 formerly known as Oculus Quest 2 to Roku TV? Here is a full guide that shows how to cast Oculus Quest 2 to Roku TV.
Apart from gaming on your mobile device, PC, or gaming consoles, what other gaming platforms come to your mind? Well if nothing came to your mind, you might want to be reminded that VR gaming or, Virtual Reality gaming has been around for quite a long time. There have been a good number of VR headsets available for you to choose from and a large number of VR games to play either solo or with your friends.
Now, when it comes to a VR headset, you will be able to see the game within the headset itself. The same goes for the Meta Quest 2 also known as Oculus Quest 2. If you own Meta Quest 2 and you want to show your friend or anyone else you are viewing in the headset? In this case, it is advisable to cast your Oculus Quest 2 to your Roku TV. If you are new to owning a VR headset and want to cast the output to your Roku TV, this is the guide for you.
How To Cast Oculus Quest 2 to Roku Smart TV
In today’s guide, we will be taking a look at how you can cast your Meta Quest 2 headset on your Roku Smart TV. The use of Roku TV is increasing because of its design language and performance. And if you are also a Roku TV user, don’t miss this guide. There are two methods you can follow to connect your Oculus Quest 2 to Roku TV. Let’s get started.
Cast from Meta Oculus Quest 2 to Roku TV via Meta Quest Mobile App
If you plan on using this method, you will have to download the Meta Quest mobile app. The app is free to download and is available on Android and iOS devices.
- Ensure that your headset and Roku TV are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Also, ensure that your mobile device that has the Oculus app installed is connected to the same WiFi network.
- Now, sign in to the Oculus app with the same account used to set up your Meta Oculus Quest 2 headset.
- On your Android device, you should be seeing the Cast button at the top of the app. Tap on it to search for your Roku TV.
- Once you spot your Roku TV, connect to it. You will now be casting the video output from your Oculus Quest 2 to your Roku TV.
- And if you are using an iOS device, you need to make sure that your Roku TV supports Apple AirPlay 2 (Check the list below).
- On your iOS Meta Quest app, tap on the Cast button, and you should be able to cast to your Roku TV from your Oculus Quest 2 headset.
Roku TVs that support Apple AirPlay 2
- Roku 4K TV 6000X, 7000X, A000X, C000X, G000X
- Roku 8K TV E000X
- Roku TV 8000X, D000X
Cast Directly from Oculus Quest 2 To Roku TV
One great feature of the Oculus Quest 2 is that you can directly cast from the headset to your TV. If you want to do this, follow these steps. This method will only work on supported TVs.
- Power up the Oculus Quest 2 and your Roku Smart TV.
- Now, connect both of the devices to the same WiFi network. This is important.
- Also, ensure that the Roku TV and your Oculus Quest 2 are running on the latest available software.
- Now press the Oculus button that is present on the right-hand controller to open the Home menu for your headset.
- Select the shares icon from the bottom portion of the screen.
- Click on the Cast tab that you see at the top right corner.
- Now, the Oculus Quest 2 will begin to look for Wireless displays connected to the same WiFi network.
- When you find your Roku TV, select it.
- The Oculus Quest 2’s headset screen will now mirror to your Roku TV.
Cast Oculus Quest 2 to Roku TV via Screen Mirroring
The main player is the Quest App which gives multiple ways to share Meta Quest 2 screen on other devices. Thanks to the option to Cast Quest 2 screen to smartphones, there is another alternative method that can be used to cast on Roku TV.
All you have to do is Cast your Meta Quest 2 to your Phone using the first method. And then Mirror your phone screen to your Roku TV. You can follow various methods to mirror your phone screen to Roku TV.
This concludes the guide on how you can cast your Oculus Quest 2 headset to your Roku TV. Given that there are two different methods for you to choose from, you can simply choose the one that works the best for you. If you have questions or queries, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.
Comments are closed.