The best way to Play Roblox on an Oculus Quest 2
The newly updated Oculus Quest 2 VR headset seems to offer the perfect VR scenario for playing your favorite Roblox titles. Unfortunately, Roblox is not available as an Oculus Quest or Quest 2 game. But no worry. You can still play your favorite Roblox titles on your Oculus Quest 2 headset with a workaround.
How to play Roblox on an Oculus Quest 2
Quest 2 does not currently have Roblox on its list of in-house games, so you won’t be able to enjoy your Roblox classics with the headset on. To do this, you need a PC that is fast enough to support VR technology. Your PC is connected to the Quest using a high-quality USB cable specially developed for this purpose. Your first choice should be the Oculus Link cable, but there are third-party options that will allow you to run Roblox on Quest with no hassle.
But what if you don’t have the cable? The good thing is that there is an app that allows Quest 2 to access your PC remotely and paves the way for a wireless VR experience. But first let’s see how the link cable method works.
Method 1: Running Roblox on Quest 2 with a Link Cable
- First you need to download the Oculus app and install it on your PC. The app is available on the official Oculus website. Turn on your Oculus headset at the same time.
- After you have successfully installed the app, open it and select “Devices” from the navigation menu on the left side of your screen.
- Then click on “Add headset”. The headset options currently available include the Rift, Rift S, Quest, and Quest 2.
- Select Quest 2, then click Next to confirm that you want to connect your headset.
- Click Next to confirm that you want to check your cable connection.
- Close the setup window.
- Now put on your Oculus headset. You should see a prompt asking if you want to enable the Oculus link. Click “Activate” to confirm. You will also see a prompt for data access on your computer screen, but you can ignore it as it will not affect the process.
- Select “Settings” from the Oculus app’s navigation menu.
- Select “General”.
- At this point you have to activate the connection to “Unknown Sources”. It’s as simple as toggling the button next to that option.
- You can test whether the connection is successful. To do this, find a Roblox track, click the play button, and then put on your headset. You should be fine.
How to play your Roblox classics on Oculus Quest 2 using your PC and a link cable:
Once you’ve successfully connected your PC to the Quest 2 headset, you should be able to play any Roblox game on your headset. For worlds that do not support VR, you play on a virtual desktop on your headset. But for all worlds that are compatible with VR, the option “Activate VR” is displayed in the game settings.
If a world supports VR but you can’t turn VR mode on even though you’ve connected your PC to the headset, you may be using an outdated version of Roblox. To find out if this is the problem, you should uninstall Roblox and then install the latest version which is available on the Roblox website. If possible, you should install the app on your computer as an administrator.
Method 2: running Roblox on Quest 2 with a wireless desktop app
One of the advantages of the Oculus Quest 2 over other VR headsets on the market is that it offers a wireless experience. Because of this, some players consider running Roblox on Quest 2 with a link cable to be an unnecessary hassle. Fortunately, there is an app that allows you to enjoy Roblox on your Oculus Quest 2 headset without wires: Virtual Desktop. The app allows you to remotely access your PC while your Oculus headset is on.
To use the virtual desktop app:
- Download and install the Virtual Desktop app on your Oculus Quest 2 headset.
- After that, you need to download and install the PC Virtual Desktop app.
- Next, enter your username to connect your devices. You can then access VR compatible games on your headset from the Visual Desktop menu.
There is a downside to this approach, as your wireless experience will largely depend on the strength of your Internet connection. If you can’t start the game but you have a stable network, you should try restarting your devices.
Take your Roblox experience to a whole new level
With over 20 million games produced on Roblox each year, Roblox should be in every gamer’s library. And thanks to Oculus Quest 2 headsets and a few adjustments, you can enjoy your favorite Roblox releases in VR and take your gaming experience to a whole new level. Hopefully Roblox will be included in Oculus Quest 2 at some point. But until then, these workarounds should help.
Do you love Roblox in VR? What are some of your favorite games? Let’s get into the comments below.