Methods to join Oculus Quest 2 to a PC
Lately, the oculus Quest 2 has become the best VR headset and choice of many owing to its remarkable design, the comfort of use, and gigantic library of games available on the headset itself. Nonetheless, you can get the best of its benefits by connecting Oculus Quest 2 to a PC and indulge in an amazing gaming experience on your PC itself.
You can connect your Oculus Quest 2 to a PC using any of these two methods ie via USB or Air Link Box. But before you use any of these ways, download the Oculus app to your PC. Go to oculus.com/setup (opens in a new tab) and tap “Download Quest 2 PC app.”
Furthermore, to use Oculus Link, Meta suggests having a PC with an intel i5-4590 / AMD Ryzen 5 1500X or greater configuration and at least 8GB of RAM. For a complete list of compatible systems, you can check out the Oculus Link compatibility requirements on its official site.
How to connect the Oculus Quest 2 to a PC via USB?
This is possibly the most effortless mode to connect your Oculus Quest 2 to a PC. The only drawback is that you won’t be able to move freely as you’ll be tethered to your computer.
Follow the below steps to connect using USB.
1. Turn On Oculus Quest 2.
2. Select “Devices” in the Oculus app, and then Add Headset.
3.Select Quest 2.
4. Choose Link (Cable) as the connection method.
5. Now plug one end of the cable into your Oculus 2 headset, and the other end of the cable into your PC.
6. Press “Continue” in the Oculus app.
Your Oculus Quest 2 is now connected to your PC, start gaming!
How to connect the Oculus Quest 2 to a PC via Air Link?
1. Ensure both the Quest 2 and your PC are on the same Wi-Fi network (It is recommended that both devices are connected to a 5GHz network by Meta).
2. Select Devices in the Oculus app on your PC, and then select “Add Headset”.
3. Choose Oculus Quest 2, and then select “Air Link (Wireless)” as your connection method.
4. Now put on your headset and open “Quick Settings” (Select the clock on the left side of the navigation bar).
5. Tap on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the window to open the full Settings menu.
6. Click on the “Experimental” box.
7. Discover Air Link, and toggle it On.
8. Now return to the main Settings window, and choose the Air Link box.
9. A window showing all PCs on your network will appear with Air Link available, you need to Select your PC.
10. You can view a pairing code in your Oculus Quest 2.
11. Remove the headset and make sure it corresponds to the code that appears on your PC’s screen.
12. Now, put the headset back on, and finish the pairing process.
Once done, you will now be connected. Now you can play any VR-compatible games, and enjoy!