Konami Launches Beat Saber Competitors for Oculus Quest 2 – Digital Actuality Instances
Beat Arena is Konami’s new virtual reality rhythm game that stands out from the very popular competition with a very unique and cool idea.
Konami’s Beat Arena VR game is a band simulation. While you swing two lightsabers on must-hit flying boxes to the beat of different rhythms in Beat Saber, you play virtual guitar, bass guitar, keyboard or drums in Beat Arena. If you have other friends with Quest headsets, join forces and rock out as a full band.
According to the Beat Arena launch trailer, the virtual reality game will abstract from the real instruments to varying degrees. For example, you play the keyboard by tapping roughly divided areas of the keyboard with your hands. The same goes for playing the guitar. The drums become a little more authentic as you hit the virtual drums with sticks.
A jam session with yourself
Beat Arena players first create an avatar. This is also important as they can record their performance including body movements. This can be useful in several ways. With the replay mode you can, for example, later view your recordings and marvel at your own performance from different perspectives and then share it with other Beat Arena players.
On the other hand, it is also possible to import previous gigs into new gigs. If the quorum is not enough for a jam session, you can simply supplement the missing band members with avatar copies of yourself or your friends.
The recording function is a great idea thanks to head and hand tracking, as you can express yourself better in virtual reality than in a screen game, so making music in the Beat Arena has more of a performance character.
Beat Arena PC version will follow shortly
Beat Arena originally debuted in Asia and has now made a jump to Oculus Quest 2. Since western audiences are unlikely to be familiar with most of Japanese pop music in the VR game, ten new English songs have been added to the soundtrack with additional tracks set to follow.
As in other virtual reality games, Beat Arena has a leaderboard that players can use to measure their performance against that of their friends.
Beat Arena is currently available on the Quest Store, with a SteamVR version of the game coming soon.
Below is a list of the Beat Arena songs available at launch: –
- Accord – BEMANI Sound Team Sound Team “HuΣeR” feat.Fernweh
- MIRACLE JOURNEY – dadaco
- Cajuput – BEMANI Sound Team “Yvya”
- * NEW * BLACK JACKAL (GITADORA Style) – Akira Complex with BEMANI Sound Team
- * NEW * Brazilian anthem – Berimbau ’66
- Clowing Folly – KanadeYUK
- * NEW * DEADMAN’S BET – Rotten Blotch
- Drastic Your Dream – Ryo Shirasawa with Mizuho Yasuda
- DREAM ING !! – Tokimeki Idol project
- Fette Schnecke – NECOMATA MODIFY SALVATION feat. Hinata Shishido
- * NEW * Fly Far Bounce – Nekomata_master (GITADOROCK by Mutsuhiko Izumi)
- * NEW * Fuego – GITADORA EDITION – BEMANI Sound Team “Yvya”
- Just believe – Kanako Kotera
- LEMON & SALT – Hideyuki Ono x 96 x Yoshihiko Koezuka
- * NEW * Mannequin – Sis Bond Chit
- Murmur Twins (Guitar-Pop-Ver.) – yu_tokiwa.djw merge scl.gtr
- Raspberry – Yoshihiko Koezuka
- * NEW * Reach for the stars – serena
- Real – size L NoYume – MAKI
- * NEW * SEA ANEMONS – Jimmy Weckl
- Sweet Feelin ‘- Honey Latte
- * NEW * Take My Hand – Maria Eva with Dream Swing Kingdom
- TAKE YOU AWAY – SHIN feat. MiA & BEMANI sound team “asaki”
- Quilt – Des-Sana + wpt9
- * NEW * Green Leaf Syndrome – Rote Brille feat. oka satoshi
- Gensouka – Kanako Hoshino
- Hatashijou – ATSUMI UEDA
- Black Hole – Megumi Tatsumi with Hiroaki Sano
- Peppermint Wa Watashi No Teki -Yu Tokiwa
- Hoshihuri – Sana
- Hane Naki Shojo Uta – Junjou Discord (Innocent Discord)
- Kikagakuteki Trickster – DJ Genki feat. SHIN from HYPERNOVA with Mitsuyo
- Mikeneko Rock’n’Roll – MAJISKA
- Shonen Ripples – Yu Tokiwa
- Jousou dystopia – mami
- Fuurin Hanabi – BEMANI Sound Team “Gekidan Record” with Yura Mari
- Matenrou No Tokuiten〜Anti; HERO – Junjou Discord (Innocent Discord)
- Yume Ni Tsuite TYPE C – Hideyuki Ono with Hiromi Okamoto
- Koi No Melody – SARAH
- Rin To Shite Saku Hana No Gotoku – BENIIRO RITOMASU
- Oboro – GITADOROCK by Yamato
https://virtualrealitytimes.com/2021/08/26/konami-launches-beat-saber-competition-for-oculus-quest-2/https://virtualrealitytimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Beat-Arena-600×297.pnghttps://virtualrealitytimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Beat-Arena-150×90.png2021-09-05T17: 33: 19 + 00: 00GamesmusictechnologyVirtual Reality NewsBeat Arena is Konami’s new virtual reality rhythm game that stands out from the very popular competition with a very unique and cool idea. Konami’s Beat Arena VR game is a band simulation. While you’re in Beat …Sam OchanjiSam
Ochanjisochanji@yahoo.comAdministratorTimes of virtual reality