How one can Join Your Oculus Quest 2 to any PC
This tutorial is about how to connect your Oculus Quest 2 to any PC. We will do our best to help you understand this guide. I hope you enjoy this blog How to connect your Oculus Quest 2 to any PC. If your answer is yes, please share after reading.
Check out how to connect your Oculus Quest 2 to any PC
The Oculus Quest (and the newer Quest 2) is a standalone VR headset that doesn’t require any cables or connections to function, meaning you don’t need a PC around you and the headset is completely portable. But the Quest also has the function of connecting to a PC and running Steam VR games like the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift headsets. This is done using an attribute called Oculus Link.
How to connect your Oculus Quest to your PC
The process of connecting the Oculus Quest to a PC is independent of whether you have a first or second generation Quest VR headset. Before you can make this connection, however, you need to make sure that your PC meets the minimum requirements to support Oculus Quest and Oculus Quest 2.
Oculus lists the PC requirements as follows:
- CPU: Intel Core i5-4590 or an AMD Ryzen 5 1500X
- Graphics: Nvidia GTX 970, 1060 3GB or better. This includes all graphics cards of the GTX 16 series plus the GTX 1650. Each of the AMD RX 500, 600, 5000 and Vega series.
- Storage: 8GB
- Operating system: Windows 10
- Connection: USB 3.0
If your PC meets or exceeds these specifications, consider getting a good quality USB cable that can support data and power at the same time. Oculus sells yours, but at $ 79, it’s far from cheap. Fortunately, you can use a generic USB-C 3.0 cable but still want one that uses high quality materials and has great shielding. There is no point in enjoying better PC pictures if your cable degrades the picture quality.
You’ll need at least 10 feet of cord to ensure you can still walk to experience standing and some room-scale functions.
The Oculus Quest PC connection process
Once you’ve got the cable and you’ve determined that your PC can handle the needs of your Quest or Quest 2 headsets, here’s how to connect them.
- Download and install the Oculus Link app on your PC.
- Turn on your Oculus Quest or Quest 2 headset.
- Connect the USB-C cable to a USB port (3.0 or higher) on your PC, then connect the other end to the headphones.
- Put on the headphones and you should see a message asking if you want to allow the connected device to access the files on the headphones. Select Allow by looking at the virtual button and pressing the volume button on the headset.
- You will then be asked to activate Oculus Link. To do this, select Activate.
You can now play compatible Oculus Rift and Rift S games on your Oculus Quest. This includes those sold on the Oculus Store and the SteamVR platform. To do this, select it in the Applications section of the Oculus menu.
Final words: Here’s how to connect your Oculus Quest 2 to any PC
Hope you understood this article. How to connect your Oculus Quest 2 to a PC. If your answer is no, you can ask anything using the contact us forum section on this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your family and friends.