Tips on how to Play Roblox on (Meta) Oculus Quest 2 [Guide] (2023)
Have you played Roblox? No? Is it simply because it looks like a childish game to play? fair enough However, Roblox is indeed a very fun and interesting game that has a number of games that you can enjoy within it. It has a number of fan-created games that you can choose to play solo, with random people online, or even with your friends together. Now, Roblox is a game that can be played for free on Android, iOS, and PC.
Do you know that you can also play Roblox in VR? Yes, you can actually play the game in VR and that makes the whole Roblox experience even more interesting. Now, if you’re someone who has the brand new Oculus Quest 2 headset from Meta, you might be wondering how you could play this lovely game in VR. If that is your question, we have the answer to it.
Let’s get started.
Can I Play Roblox on Oculus Quest 2?
Yes, you can play Roblox on VR with a compatible headset including the Oculus Quest 2. Roblox allows VR cross-play, yes, you can play the same game with non-VR players as well. However, there’s no dedicated Roblox app support available for the Oculus Quest 2, but thanks to a workaround, you can play your favorite Roblox game on the VR, so, let’s take a look at the steps on how you can play Roblox on your Meta quest 2
How to Play Roblox on Oculus Quest 2
Now, when you look at other VR headsets like the HTC Vive and the Oculus Rift, these devices have a dedicated Roblox app that works best. However, when it comes to the Oculus Quest 2, the headset is a standalone unit and doesn’t have dedicated Roblox app support. What this means is that you cannot play Roblox on your Qculus Quest 2 without using a PC. Anyway, if you are still interested in playing Roblox on your Oculus Quest 2, follow these steps.
Play Roblox on Oculus Quest 2 With PC
Here are the steps that you need to follow in order to enjoy playing Roblox on your Oculus Quest 2.
- first off, download the Meta Quest (Oculus) app on your Windows PC. You can download it by following this link.
- Install the program on your Windows PC.
- Also, make sure you have the Roblox game downloaded and installed on your Windows PC. If you don’t, you can always download it from the Microsoft Store.
- Launch the Meta Quest app other click on devices followed by Add headset.
- From the list of devices, select the Quest 2 headset.
- You need to plug in your headset to your PC by making use of the Link Cable, the setup will begin. When it completes, click the Close button.
- Wear your Oculus Quest 2 headset and enable the Oculus Link option.
- Open up the Meta Quest app, then launch Settings and click on the General tab.
- In general settings, turn the toggle on for Unknown Sources.
- You can now simply locate and open Roblox and choose the game that works best in VR.
- Wear the headset and enjoy your time playing Roblox on your Oculus Quest 2.
- That’s it.
This is how you can play Roblox on your Meta Oculus Quest 2 using your Windows PC.
However, you can make use of a wireless method to play Roblox on your Meta Quest 2 using your Windows PC. Here are the steps if you plan on going all out wireless.
- Launch the Meta Oculus Quest app.
- OpenSettings other click on the Beta tab.
- You will see the Air Link option next to it. Click on the Air Link option.
- Now, power up your Oculus Quest 2 and press the Oculus button.
- Choose Settings from the headset and select Experimental Features.
- Look for the Air Link button and press it.
- Your headset will begin to search for your Windows PC. Make sure your headset and your Windows PC are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Once you spot your PC, click on pair.
- You can launch the Roblox game once the pairing process has been completed.
- And this is how you can play Roblox on your oculus Quest 2 wirelessly using your Windows PC.
Can I download Roblox on my Meta Quest 2?
Yes, you can easily download your favorite Roblox game on your Meta Quest 2 VR headset by connecting it to your Windows PC.
Can I Play Roblox on Oculus Quest 2 without a PC?
At the time of writing, Roblox’s official app is not available for the Oculus Quest 2, which simply means you need to install the compatible VR Roblox game by connecting your headset to your PC. If in the future, Roblox releases a dedicated app for VR, then you can play it without pairing it with PC.
Can I Play Roblox on Oculus Quest 2 wirelessly with Air Link?
Yes, you can play Roblox on your Meta Oculus Quest 2 VR headset without using a Link cable, we already mentioned the steps in this article.
Is Roblox coming to Oculus Quest 2?
Yes, there are some rumors of Roblox coming to Oculus Quest 2. However, this rumor was eight months old.
This concludes the guide on how to play Roblox on Oculus Quest 2. Now, yes you need to make use of your windows PC in order to play Roblox. However, there is some sort of hope that the developer of the Roblox game release a dedicated Roblox game for Meta Quest 2 in the coming months as a lot of people have been asking for it. If and when they do release a dedicated Roblox app for the Oculus Quest 2, we will be sure to update the steps to get the game directly on your headset without having to use the Windows PC.
If you still want to know anything about Roblox app on Oculus Quest 2, then tell us in the comment section.