Inside Introduces ‘Supernatural,’ An In-Residence VR Health Expertise For Oculus Quest
THE ANGEL, April 23, 2020 / PRNewswire / – As of today, Supernatural, the world’s first subscription-based full-body virtual reality fitness service, is released. Supernatural was developed for Oculus Quest and combined with your smartphone. It provides users with expertly trained daily workouts, detailed fitness tracking, an extensive music catalog, and the ability to train in the most beautiful places in the world without ever leaving your home.
Supernatural, the world’s first membership-based full-body virtual reality fitness service.
A VR fitness experience is at home within ‘Supernatural’.
“We built Supernatural to solve a problem we had,” said Chris Milk, co-founder and CEO of Within. “Exercise takes long-term commitment to see benefits, but for many there is very little short-term fun in it. Virtual reality allows us to make home exercise basically fun and something you actually look forward to. It is similar to playing a sport You love. But this sport comes from the future and fits in your bedroom. “
Home fitness has never been so fun
Supernatural embraces a new paradigm when it comes to interactive physical movement in VR. Coupled with beautiful photo-realistic landscapes and stimulating music, users are transported and encouraged to move in a way that stimulates heart rate and muscle building. Daily on-demand workouts are personalized “rhythm cards” designed by choreographers and trained by top fitness trainers.
“We’ve combined everything we know and love about making the move to music in VR with everything we wanted from home fitness: expert guidance, real-time metrics and results, while leaving out everything we don’t – mostly rowing, Running and cycling in place, “says Within co-founder, Aaron Koblin. “It’s a lot of fun and based on healthy movement.”
- Daily workouts combine beautiful goals, popular music, and expert guidance.
- A growing team of coaches will guide you through form, breathing and motivation. Find the Supernatural Coach that best suits your style.
- On-Demand Fitness targets all major muscle groups and makes your heart beat faster.
- With the dynamic difficulty you stay challenged in real time. As you improve, the workout becomes more difficult.
- Travel the world to incredibly beautiful photo-realistic locations: the Great Wall of China, the Galapagos’ Isabela Island, Ethiopia Erta Ale volcano and the Machu Picchu ruins.
- Premium music from the world’s best artists. With extensive industrial partnerships, Supernatural offers an extensive catalog of music, including artists from the world’s largest music company Universal Music Group and others.
- Smart and personalized metrics calibrate your height, arm span, squat depth and lunges to ensure that every workout is safe, challenging and specifically tailored to your body.
- Combine Supernatural with selected heart rate monitors to track progress. Training summaries describe your accuracy, movements, and strength.
- Join the community with the Supernatural Companion app for your smartphone. Find friends, share your workouts and mark yourself in the weekly leaderboard.
Made by the creator for that moment in fitness
Supernatural was founded by Within and started two years ago with the great ambition of the co-founders Aaron Koblin and Chris Milk to create an exercise service that users can love rather than loathe exercise.
Two crucial questions spurred the developers’ search: What can VR do in a unique way that other fitness systems can only dream of? And what if we could achieve the mental and physical equivalent of 30 minutes of snowboarding in the Swiss Alps from the comfort of our own home?
Supernatural was built with the guidance of experts in physical fitness, biokinesiology, and healthy human exercise. When combined with an incredible number of choreographers, video game designers, artists and engineers, the result is Supernatural.
Start your supernatural membership today
Supernatural will be available on April 23, of 10 a.m. PST in the Oculus Store. Sign up for a 30-day free trial and $ 19/ Month founding member * rate. Membership begins automatically and is renewed monthly after the free trial ends. Cancel anytime. More information is available at www.getsupernatural.com
* Founding members receive a free, sweat-proof silicone sheet to protect their headset. Available while stocks last.
For media images please click HERE
For more news and information, follow @getsupernatural on Facebook and Twitter.
Within was founded in 2014 with the aim of combining art, technology and creative purpose to develop innovative immersive experiences in virtual and augmented reality. The Within app is the leading independent sales platform for premium VR content.
With extensive expertise in multimedia narrative, Within creates tools, formats and software to differentiate the original content and enable future immersive media creators. Fast Company was named one of the “Most Innovative Companies in the World” in 2020.
The AR storytelling platform for children, Wonderscope, is available on ARKit-enabled Apple iOS devices. Apple selected Wonderscope as the “App of the Day” and the platform has received multiple awards, including a BAFTA for children (2019) and a Kidscreen Award for the best original learning app (2020).
Introduced in April 2020, Supernatural, is a VR training and wellness app that offers fun and interactive workouts in breathtaking locations around the world – all from the comfort of your home.
Investors include Andreessen Horowitz, Temasek, Emerson Collective, 21st Century Fox, WPP, Raine Ventures, WME, Live Nation, Vize-Medien, Tribeca Enterprises, Annapurna Pictures and Legendary Pictures.