How To Manufacturing facility Reset Your Oculus Quest 2
If you are facing technical issues on your Oculus Quest 2 or want to sell it learning how to factory reset is quite crucial.
Players often want to factory reset their Oculus Quest 2 whenever they are facing technical snags or if they want to sell their device, and if you are in the same boat, here is how you can do the same on your device.
Before you get into how to factory reset your device, you should note that doing this will erase everything you have on your device, including all downloaded games and settings. After your reboot your device, you will need to set up your Oculus Quest 2 from scratch. There are multiple ways to factory reset your Oculus Quest 2. You can do so using the headset itself or by using the mobile app. Here is how you can factory reset your Oculus Quest 2 using the headset.
DUAL SHOCKERS VIDEO OF THE DAY
Turn off your Oculus Quest 2. This can be done by holding the Power button until you see the Power Menu. Select the Power Off option to turn off your device.
- Press the power and volume down buttons together to open the USB Update Mode boot menu.
- Select the Factory Reset option from the USB Update menu. You can toggle through the options using the Volume buttons. Likewise, you can select an option by pressing the Power button on your device.
- You will be asked to confirm your choice. Select “Yes, erase and factory reset” to proceed with the factory reset process.
- Your Oculus Quest 2 will restart and you need to set it up again to start using it.
If you wish to use the mobile app instead, you can alternatively follow the steps given below.
- Download the Oculus App from the Play Store/App Store
- Enable Bluetooth on your phone and keep it near the Oculus Quest 2 to connect it to your device.
- Click on the Devices option and select your Oculus Quest 2.
- Go to the Advanced Settings tab
- Select Factory Reset to factory reset your Oculus Quest 2.
- If the option does not show up for you, then using the previous option is the only way to factory reset your device.
NEXT: 10 Best Upcoming VR Titles